Play "Seat the Senator!" Guess the day Al Franken will be sworn in as Minnesota's junior senator and win a prize from BuzzFlash
Switch the sponsor from Buzzflash to the state gaming commission and Minnesota could dig itself out of the hole.This would easily replace Dick Day's proposed racino as" something people want to do." The details:
- If you aren't already signed up with a username on the BuzzFlash Blog, click here to sign up. All you need is an e-mail address, and we promise we won't use it to do anything but contact you in the event that you win the contest.
- Go to the bottom of this story and leave a comment between now and 11:59 p.m. Central on Feb. 28, 2009 indicating the date upon which you think Al Franken will be sworn in as Minnesota's new U.S. senator.
- The Coen Brothers Movie Collection, which includes five DVDs of the Minnesotan sibling duo's critically-acclaimed films: Fargo, Barton Fink, Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing and Blood Simple.
- If more than one person picks the same winning day, each winner will be entered into a lottery and one prizewinner will be randomly selected.
- If no one picks the winning day, the person who picks the closest day to the one upon which Franken is sworn in wins.
- If Franken is sworn in before Feb. 28, the contest will be closed immediately and the person who picks the closest day to the one upon which Franken is sworn in wins.
- Otherwise, the contest will end when Franken is seated. A winner will be announced within 24 hours of his swearing-in and contacted via their e-mail address as registered with the BuzzFlash Blog.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to play.
- A small amount, like with pulltabs or Powerball would be wagered, striking the rule iabove in the Buzzflash competition.
- BuzzFlash employees and their family members are not eligible to win.
We already own those Coen Brothers' DVDs, along an accent to go with them, and so are happy to donate any winnings for our modest proposal to the State of Minnesota.
Image: Forget the foo-foo dust of Pegasus in this artist's rendition of the proposed racino, regardless of Senator Day's off-Beat poetry. The Franken betting pool will bring in more immediate dollars.