UPDATE: As we posted yesterday in Winter weather prompts MPCA to reschedule Marshall Clean Power Plan listening session:
Due to the potential for severe weather/dangerous driving conditions, we are rescheduling the listening session in Marshall originally planned for tomorrow to Wednesday, February 24 – same time, same location (Open house starts 5:30PM, Listening session begins 6:30PM; SMSU Conference Center, Upper Ballroom). We’ll be distributing this information via our GovDelivery list, and the agency’s social media accounts, but please do share with anyone else who may have been planning to attend tomorrow’s session. We look forward to next week’s session in St. Cloud. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Bluestem received this notice today in an email from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency:
MPCA has scheduled four Clean Power Plan community listening sessions around the state in February. We’ve had a lot of fantastic conversations in our technical meetings over the past several months, and we want to make sure Minnesotans around the state have a good opportunity to speak their minds on the state’s Clean Power Plan efforts. We expect these meetings to focus more on general topics.
All meetings will follow this schedule:
- 5:30PM-6:30PM: Open house/talk one-on-one with MPCA staff
- 6:30PM-8PM: Meeting/listening session begins
MPCA staff will be available for follow up questions after the meeting.
- February 2: Southwest Minnesota State University Conference Center, Upper Ballroom, Marshall, MN
- February 9: St. Cloud State University, Atwood Memorial Center, Voyageurs Room, St. Cloud, MN
- February 16: Bemidji State University, the American Indian Resource Center’s Gathering Place, Bemidji, MN
- February 23: University of Minnesota – Duluth, Engineering Building, Rooms 265/231, Duluth, MN
We know where we might be on Candlemas.
Screengrab: The Marshall community listening session on February 2, 2016.
If you appreciate Bluestem Prairie's original reporting and analysis, you can mail contributions (payable to Sally Jo Sorensen P.O. Box 108, Maynard MN 56260) or use the paypal button below:
Email subscribers can contribute via this link to paypal; use email sally.jo.sorensen at gmail.com as recipient.